V-Ray is a powerful rendering engine that requires a high-performance computer to function optimally. The system requirements for V-Ray depend on the version of the software you are using, as well as the complexity of the scenes you intend to render.
Here are the recommended system requirements for V-Ray:
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (64-bit versions only)
- MacOS 10.13 or later
- Intel Core i5 or higher
- Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support or higher
- AMD Athlon 64 or higher
- AMD Opteron or higher
- 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
- NVIDIA or AMD graphics card with at least 2GB of VRAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- OpenGL 3.3 compatible graphics card
- For best performance, use a CUDA-enabled NVIDIA graphics card.
- 2 GB of available hard-disk space
- SketchUp 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 or 2023 (64-bit versions only)
- Internet connection is required to activate the license and access V-Ray online features
It is worth noting that these are only recommended requirements, and you may need a more powerful system to render complex scenes with large amounts of geometry and textures. It is always advisable to check the V-Ray website for the latest system requirements and recommendations.