Maxon One's Spring 2023 release is set to transform your creative workflow. This update includes a remarkable range of pioneering features and improvements to their complete product range, such as Cinema 4D, Redshift, Red Giant, and ZBrush. Get ready to be astounded by the exceptional new features and workflow advancements that have been skillfully designed to elevate your designs to new heights.
Maxon, the developers of professional software solutions for editors, filmmakers, motion designers, visual effects artists, and creatives of all kinds, have announced a comprehensive update to Maxon One. The Spring 2023 release of Maxon One features new and exciting features and workflow enhancements throughout its entire product line that will empower designers and artists to bring their creative ideas to life with remarkable results.
Cinema 4D 2023.2 includes an improved Commander, upgrades to its Nodes system, simulation improvements, and a new Thicken generator for modeling. The Red Giant toolset has been updated with new tools and enhancements, including the introduction of Symbol Mapper for Universe 2023.1, anamorphic lens support for Real Lens Flares for VFX 2023.3, and performance optimizations for Particular and a new collection of Atomic Age sprites for Trapcode 2023.3. Redshift 3.5.14 introduces a fantastic new Sky and Sun Model, a new Flakes Shader, and new Camera Backplates. The latest release of ZBrush features two revolutionary workflow tools: Proxy Pose and Drop 3D. Forger updates include new features for lighting and previews and the integration of ZBrush’s powerful ZRemesher. The latest additions to Capsules include new material collections, a new dynamic Swirl Modifier, and a new Redshift Shaderball. The update to Cineware is focused on integrating with Unreal 5.0 and 5.1.
Cinema 4D’s Commander now offers quick and easy access to Maxon Capsules as well as your own assets and presets. Easily discover and apply Capsules, add Redshift materials, and utilize the power of Maxon’s Node-Based Capsules like Backdrop primitive and Spline tools.
- The all-new Thicken Generator enables you to add an extra dimension to all your models.
- Great for setting up floorplans and 3D prints, this object generates a procedural shell based on an existing mesh and preserves corners and perpendicular edges. It can be used in many ways due to its support for vertex maps and polygon selections.
- Cinema 4D now offers a cleaner Node UI that will help you navigate your node setups with a cleaner interface that features more prominent color-coding and more and makes it easier to work with nodes and create efficient node-based capsules.
- Cinema 4D’s Unified Simulation System received several improvements, with Pyro previews in Cinema 4D’s viewport now supporting color and lighting – great whether you’re setting up a sim or sharing a high-quality preview render. Emitters now include support for Maxon Noise and vertex maps, and the Destructor Force limits Pyro to the inside or outside of a box. Pyro Output generates automatically for Redshift renders and can be easily switched between Simulation Scenes. Balloon sims also now support vertex maps, allowing you to create seams and control areas of inflation.
Universe 2023.1 introduces Symbol Mapper, an all-new stylization tool to rebuild footage using letters, numbers, and symbols based on source brightness values. To help artists realize their creative vision with ease, this release also includes many new presets for various Universe tools.
- Universe Symbol Mapper allows for great Matrix-style effects or retro-type-based graphics
- A refreshed Dashboard and preset browser now provide access to Maxon’s Cloud Capsule Service, allowing users to leverage a growing library of assets. Thanks to the new search function, artists can find what they need from Universe’s vast collection of tools and presets, shaving time off their workflow.
- Universe 2023.1 offers 42 new cloud presets for the Electrify, Line, Long Shadow, Prism, Displacement, and RGB Separation tools.
VFX 2023.3 introduces anamorphic lens support to Real Lens Flares, allowing for premium AAA movie production looks and bringing support for adjustment layers to Supercomp.
- Thanks to the upgraded lens simulation engine with support for anamorphic lenses in Real Lens Flares, filmmakers doing 3D renders, shooting video, or doing motion graphics work can add Real Lens Flares to their shots. At the same time, all users of Real Lens Flares can make their footage look like it was done at a AAA studio, utilizing an unprecedented amount of artistic control while creating the most realistic-looking lens Flares possible.
- Supercomp now supports adjustment layers. They replace displacement layers and apply their effect to anything below them in the Supercomp. Ideal for region-based color corrections, displacements, and heat blur.
Trapcode 2023.3 includes performance optimization for light emitters and bug fixes for Particular
along with a new collection of Atomic Age sprites.
- A new collection of Atomic Age sprites, reminiscent of a mid-century design aesthetic
- Light emitters in Particular received stunning performance optimization, resulting in up to 3x faster render times
- Bug fixes enable support for the new curve and color presets in secondary systems,
previewing model sequence animations in the Designer, and more.
Magic Bullet 2023.2 improves the Magic Bullet Looks Strength slider and includes numerous
enhancements across platforms.
- New strength sliders for every individual tool make it easier to get better control of your look.
- A new set of presets for Looks will take full advantage of our ACES handling.
- Various Bug Fixes with a particular emphasis on Resolve users.
Redshift 3.5.14 brings a fantastic new Sky and Sun Model, Flakes Shader, and new Camera Backplates in addition to workflow improvements and stability enhancements.
- The new PRG Clear Sky model allows artists to simulate gorgeous sunsets with Redshift’s improved Sun and Sky. It provides the most accurate simulation of sky radiance and color, offering rich red sunsets as the sun dips just below the horizon.
- The new Flakes shader is great for rendering everything from metallic car paints to glitter-filled superballs. This 3D shader generates Voronoi- or dot-shaped flakes at random angles and surface depth to add the perfect detail and shine to your renders.
- Custom Backplates are now available in Redshift for C4D, offering amazing compositing control. Artists can choose whether background footage is incorporated into the render or added before and after post effects. Renders can be matched to an existing backplate thanks to the Post-Composite mode.
- Cinema 4D 2023.2’s updated Node UI makes it a joy to craft Redshift materials. The UI is much cleaner, with new commands to select upstream and downstream nodes. Use C4D’s Preset system to easily apply your favorite node settings and build networks quickly with a new option to keep wire connections while duplicating a node. New pop-out panels make it easy to browse and add nodes as well as edit node attributes.
- The Redshift Camera is now available in Houdini offering simple physical controls to modify exposure, focus distance, motion blur, and bokeh.
The latest release of ZBrush features two new tools never before introduced in 3D sculpting
- The new Proxy Pose feature provides a dynamic method for modifying the topology of models quickly. Implementing Proxy Pose instantly reduces polygon density, allowing artists to quickly and efficiently manipulate your ZBrush models, and then convert them back to a high-density mesh.
- The new Drop 3D function combines the technology of Sculptris Pro with the 2.5D functionality of the ZBrush canvas to produce a new workflow that allows for enhanced creativity. Using Drop 3D, you can increase local mesh density in order to maintain high-resolution details where needed. Drop 3D inspires creativity by fusing the elements of both 2D and 3D design. With Drop 3D, you can explore design concepts aligned with illustration techniques, surface detailing, and 3D modeling.