Flamingo nXt 5 - Academic Lab
Flamingo nXt 5 allows you to easily create stunning, life-like images in Rhino. It brings better quality and ease of use above previous Flamingo versions.
Flamingo nXt is compatible with Rhino 7 for Windows.
***Discounted for academic use, proof of enrollment required.
With Flamingo nXt you don't need to be a professional renderer to get realistic results quickly. You provide materials and lighting and press the Render button. Flamingo nXt provides the simulation. Unlike many rendering products, there are very few settings to worry about or understand.
New in nXt
- Progressive multi-pass technology
- Easy lighting presets
- More advanced material definitions
- Improved HDRI lighting environments support
- Tagging objects as lights
- Caustics improved
- Block object instancing
- Lighting channels
- Improved tree model
- Tone operator with histogram balance
- Render farm support
Physically-BasedFlamingo nXt produces realistic results by simulating light transport in your model. Indirect lighting, as well as complex reflection and refraction, can be easily incorporated into the simulation. Interior and exterior daylight simulations, HDR image-based lighting, and many other techniques are all handled easily, with minimal configuration requirements.
Flamingo nXt uses efficient, modern ray-casting technology to produce results as quickly as possible. All processor cores are automatically utilized in parallel. Images are continually refined and improved over time.
Loaded with Extras
- Image Editor with support for multiple lighting channels.
- 3D Plant Editor.
- Render Farm support.
- Content libraries (plants, materials, HDRi).
- Pre-textured mesh support.
- Support for 3rd party texture sets.
Default lighting presets for quick setups of common scenesAdvance use of high dynamic range images for scene lighting.
- Studio Lighting
- Exterior Daylight
- Interior Daylight
- Artificial Lighting
- Advance use of high dynamic range images for scene lighting.
- Free library of high-quality HDRI images for lighting.
- Soft shadows calculated automatically.
- Indirect lighting calculated enhancing depth in renderings.
- Lighting Channels allow you to edit light strength in real-time without the need to re-render the scene.
- Automated daylight calculation based on lighting presets.
- Accurate Transparency
- New Bump Mapping
- Normal Maps
- True Displacement Mapping
- Materials stored in model for easy transfer to others
- Drag and Drop material assignment
- Multiple render engines for maximum flexibility to render. (Default, Hybrid, Path tracing)
- Progressive render continues to improve effects each pass
- Less memory needed for models with many of the same block
- Alpha channel support for compositing in backgrounds or objects
- Tone mapping for brighter images
- Burn control - White point adjustment
- Post-processing - no re-rendering requiredFractal tree generator
- Depth of Field
- Wires on/off
- Text on/off
- Adjust lighting channels
- Background rendering option allows modeling while rendering
RenderFarm (Network Rendering)
- Set multiple computers to rendering on image
- Distribute render to other computers while working
- Localized interface (user selectable) and documentation in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Czech, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.
- 1 GB RAM or more is recommended.
- Hardware requirements match Rhinos's hardware requirements.
- Multiple CPU cores will accelerate renderings are recommended.
- Video card speed does not affect Flamingo NXT.
- Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are supported. Running Macintosh hardware with Bootcamp and one of the - Operating systems above is supported.