Flamingo nXt uses efficient, modern ray-casting technology to produce results as quickly as possible. All processor cores are automatically utilized in parallel. Images are continually refined and improved over time.
Default lighting presets for quick setups of common scenesAdvance use of high dynamic range images for scene lighting.
- Studio Lighting
- Exterior Daylight
- Interior Daylight
- Artificial Lighting
- Advance use of high dynamic range images for scene lighting.
- Free library of high-quality HDRI images for lighting.
- Soft shadows calculated automatically.
- Indirect lighting calculated enhancing depth in renderings.
- Lighting Channels allow you to edit light strength real-time without the need to re-render the scene.
- Automated daylight calculation based on lighting presets.
- Multiple render engines for maximum flexibility to render. (Default, Hybrid, Path tracing)
- Progressive render continues to improve effects each pass
- Less memory needed for models with many of the same block
- Alpha channel support for compositing in backgrounds or objects
- Tone mapping for brighter images
- Burn control - White point adjustment
- Post-processing - no re-rendering requiredFractal tree generator
RenderFarm (Network Rendering)
- Set multiple computers to rendering on image
- Distribute render to other computers while working
- Localized interface (user selectable) and documentation in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Czech, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.
- Rhino 5 or 6
- Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
* Flamingo will run as a 32-bit process when running in Rhino 5 for on any operating system (this limits Flamingo to 2GB of memory). To take full advantage of 64-bit operating systems, Rhino 5.0 64-bit is required
- 1 GB RAM or more is recommended.
- Hardware requirements match Rhinos's hardware requirements.
- Multiple CPU cores will accelerate renderings are recommended.
- Video card speed does not affect Flamingo NXT.
- Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are supported. Running Macintosch hardware with Bootcamp and one of the - Operating systems above is supported.