Forest Pack is the world’s most popular scattering plugin for 3ds Max. Capable of rendering nearly limitless geometry. It provides a complete solution for creating vast areas of objects, from trees and plants to buildings, crowds, aggregates, ground-cover, rocks and more. If you can model it, Forest Pack can scatter it.
Forest Pack Pro 7
The Ultimate Scattering tool for 3ds Max
Forest Pack includes all the features you will need to create perfect scatters, every time.
Forest Pack is a fully integrated solution that uses a familiar UI and workflow to create almost unlimited geometry with complete control over every detail. That’s not all, use Forest Maps to randomize maps and add tints. Quickly populate a scene using the included library presets or create your own. Use Forest Tools to convert scatters to max instances or XML data for use in large pipelines.
Forest Pack will change the way you render with its power, unrivaled features list, ease-of-use, and premium support.
What's New in Forest Pack Pro 7
- Scatter Lights:
- Scatter hundreds or thousands of lights and other non-geometric objects. Corona users can even use Forest Color to randomize light tint and use Corona’s light mix features to edit color and intensity in post-production.
- New Beta Unity Plugin:
- Export Forest Pack objects to Unity using a new early-access plugin that takes advantage of Unity’s Hybrid Rendering technology for efficient real-time instancing.
- Supported by Unreal and Chaos Vantage:
- Make the jump to real-time and export scatters to Unreal Engine or Chaos Vantage in just a few clicks.
- Completely Rewritten Library Browser:
- The library browser has been completely rewritten. Add 100's of objects selected from a scene and automatically build Matlibs and generate thumbnails.
- Color Correct Entire Scatters:
- Gone are the days of struggling with complex multi sub-object materials, now you can color correct entire scatters from a single simplified interface.
- Randomize Animation Samples in Corona:
- Scatter animated objects in Corona including the ability to sample and randomize animated geometry or control playback using maps.
- New Tree Stumps Library:
- Bring your renders to life with 40 high-quality photo scanned tree stumps plus optimized presets for quickly populating large areas.
- New hedges Library:
- Add hedges using the new library of 89 assets. Ten species are included in five heights ranging from 0.5m to 2.5m. Plus, bonus topiary presets for hedges of any shape.
- Improved Reference Mode:
- Make the most of reference mode with the ability to add multiple items per triangle, randomize their position and filter by material ID.
- Forest Colour works outside Forest Pack:
- Use Forest Color to randomize maps and tint on items instantiated using Forest Tools, or even on non-forest objects.
- Simplified Creation:
- Create scatters more efficiently than ever before with new creative methods and faster ways to add source objects to the items list.
- Improved Usability:
- Navigate the interface more quickly with ‘Solo Mode’. Use simplified and improved camera culling, easily optimize and modify materials, and much more
2-Speed up lookdev with Color Correctable Scatters:
Forest Pack 7 adds a set of color correction tools to the Material rollout that allows you to adjust the hue, saturation, and value of every object in a scatter. You can isolate which colors to correct based on a Hue range. This is a fast and flexible way to make mass changes.
There is more to Get Excited About!
- A new Spotlight mode in the interface keeps only one rollout open at a time.
- Forest Colour working on instantiated items
- The ability to specify where to save our free libraries
- Improved randomness for non-image based distribution modes
- V-Ray now uses the materials assigned to each custom object
- Optimizations for interactive rendering
- Scattered items now respect the Z position of individual spline areas
- GBuffer support for V-Ray
- Forest Pack 7 is compatible with Chaos Vantage
Stand-alone License constrains the software to a specific PC and one license is required for each computer that the software will be installed on.
- The Stand-alone license ties a given software application to a single machine.
Floating License provides a pool of licenses on a server that are available to any other computer also on the same network. You only need to have licenses for the maximum number of simultaneous users, not for each computer where the software will be installed.
- Network licenses (also known as floating licenses) allow multiple users to share a limited pool of licenses in a local network.
Each purchase of Forest Pack Pro gives you access to a single license for creating and editing Forest Objects, the full library contents, and free unlimited render nodes. For the duration of your maintenance subscription, you are also entitled to premium technical support and upgrades.
The versions released during your maintenance subscription are yours to keep forever. If you like to stay up to date with the most recent versions of Forest Pack we recommend you should stay on the maintenance plan, however, there are no penalties for allowing it to lapse. If you want to skip some versions, it's no problem and you can jump back on at any time and download the most recent software paying only for another year of maintenance.
Compatibility Requirements (64 bit versions)
- 3ds Max 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- 3ds Max Design 2012,2013,2014, 2015
- Mental Ray compatibility in Max 2017 and 2018
- From 3ds Max 2017 Mental Ray was an optional installation.
- Forest Pack for Max 2017 still has many dependencies on the Mental Ray libraries and is required by our plug-ins to operate correctly.
- Please make sure that Mental Ray is installed for 3DS Max 2017, even if you don't intend to use it to avoid errors.
- From 3ds Max 2018 Mental Ray is no longer included, and for technical reasons, we have had to temporarily suspend support.
For network licenses, you will need to install the license manager on a networked PC. The license manager has the following OS requirements:
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8/8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server:
- Windows Server 2016 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
*For full program specifics, please see ITOO's system specifications.