V-Ray comes with all the lighting, shading, and rendering tools you need to create professional, photoreal imagery and animation.
Built to handle your biggest projects and your toughest scenes. Render anything and everything with V-Ray.
Spend less time waiting and more time being creative. Deliver your best work and never miss a deadline.
V-Ray puts you in the driver seat. You’re in control. With V-Ray’s versatile features, you can choose the best ap
Work the way you want – without interruption. V-Ray’s seamless 3ds Max integration keeps your workflow fluid and smooth.roach for your scene.ss time waiting and more time being creative. Deliver your best work and never miss a deadline.
AN INDUSTRY STANDARD
Independent artists and top studios choose V-Ray every day to create world-class designs and visual effects.
What it’s used for:
What pain-point or problem does V-Ray for 3ds Max solve?
Interface with other V-Ray products
With the release of V-Ray 3.5 for 3ds Max, Chaos Group now offers 2 licensing options: Dongle Licensing and Online Licensing.
Please note that for now online licensing is available only for purchases of new licenses.
V-Ray 3.5 for 3ds Max is a free update for all V-Ray 3.0 customers. Login at chaosgroup.com to download.
Did you know?
V-Ray for 3ds Max allows for distributed rendering making it possible to render on multiple computers working in parallel. This makes rendering faster and more
- The new Progressive Production Renderer is built on the same path tracing technology as V-Ray RT and it is a simple, intuitive solution for any scene. The Progressive Renderer is compatible with all V-Ray production features, including Irradiance, Light Cache, SSS, Render Elements, etc.
Faster Ray Tracing
- V-Ray 3.0 introduces a significantly optimized ray tracing core to speed up calculations for Brute Force GI, Progressive Path Tracing, Reflections, Refractions, and more. Depending on scene complexity, users are reporting speed increases up to 5X.
- Quick Settings provide artists with production-ready presets and simple rendering quality controls all within a single compact interface.
Advanced V-Ray Frame Buffer-
- Render Mask uses an object selection, include/ exclude list, or texture map to control the exact pixels to be rendered.
- V-Ray 3.0 introduces faster hair rendering speeds (up to 15x) and view-dependent tessellation that automatically smoothes hair curves.
Ray Traced SSS
- Improved Subsurface Scattering is offered, including options for object-based and
Max Ray Intensity
- Max Ray Intensity clamps secondary rays to remove noise generated by very bright sources. This removes artifacts while retaining dynamic range.
- VRmats (formerly Vismats) are universal V-Ray Shaders for use across multiple applications. For
Please make sure that your system fulfills these requirements before installing V-Ray.
|Processor||Intel® 64-bit or compatible processor with SSE2 support|
|RAM||4 GB RAM and 4 GB swap minimum – recommended 8 GB or more RAM, 8 GB or more swap file|
|Operating system||Microsoft® Windows® 7 (SP1), Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 Professional operating system|
|3ds Max||3ds Max 2013/3ds Max Design 2013 or later,
|USB port||Required for hardware lock, preferably USB 2.0|
|TCP/IP||Only IPv4 is supported. IPv6 is currently not supported.|
Note: V-Ray 3.5 requires V-Ray License server 4.3.1
The requirements above are for the latest version of V-Ray in Max, but please note that V-Ray 3.3 is available for Max 2011+