Upgrade V-Ray Next to V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max
Upgrade to V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max. Upgrade GUI license and up to 10 render node licenses. Choose your option.
V-Ray 1.5/2.0 for 3ds Max is no longer supported and will not be eligible for upgrades
Upgrade to V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max
V-Ray 5 is now available with support for 3ds Max 2016-21. V-Ray for 3ds Max is a complete lighting and shading solution that can be flawlessly integrated in every 3D artist and designer’s workflow. The flagship rendering software has set the industry standard for speed, reliability, ease of use and render quality. Even Hollywood has acknowledged how important V-Ray is: Creator Vladimir Koylazov was honored with an Academy
Award in 2017.
Update to V-Ray 5 gives you full access to new and improved features.
Options available for adding 5, 10, 20, 50 or 100 render node licenses upgrades to your Vray 5 upgrade.
V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max Upgrade Highlights:
EXTENDED V-RAY DIRT: Weathered streaks and dirt in crevices are now easy with the enhanced V-Ray Dirt, which now employs both ambient and inner occlusion.
NEW V-RAY HAIR NEXT MATERIAL: This shader makes it easier than ever to create realistic looking hair, by simulating the physical characteristics of hair using parameters like melanin to control its appearance.
NEW SUN AND SKY MODEL: Reproduce the subtleties of twilight when the sun is below the horizon with the new Sun and Sky model..
LAYERED COMPOSITING: The new Layer compositor lets you fine-tune and finish your images directly in the new V-Ray Frame Buffer — without the need for a separate post-processing app.
LIGHT MIXING: Explore lighting possibilities interactively in real-time. Use LightMix in the new V-Ray Frame Buffer to freely experiment with lighting changes after you render, save out permutations, and push back improvements you’d like to have in your scene.
Efficiently browse from a library of over 500 render-ready materials including metals, glass, wood and more.
COAT LAYER: Add reflective coatings directly in the updated V-Ray Material, saving you both material creation and rendering time vs. using Blend material.
SHEEN LAYER: Create soft microfiber fabrics like velvet, satin and silk with the new Sheen options in the updated V-Ray Material.
MATERIAL PREVIEWS: New rendered material swatches show you exactly what your materials will look like.
STOCHASTIC TEXTURE TILING: Automatically remove texture tiling artifacts with the new Stochastic tiling option on the VRayUVWRandomizer.
MATERIAL PRESETS: Save time creating common materials with presets for aluminum, chrome, glass and more.
TEXTURE RANDOMIZATION: Add variety to your scene with the new VRayUVWRandomizer map and enhanced VRayMultiSubTex controls.
V-Ray comes with all the lighting, shading, and rendering tools you need to create professional, photoreal imagery and animation.
Built to handle your biggest projects and your toughest scenes. Render anything and everything with V-Ray.
Spend less time waiting and more time being creative. Deliver your best work and never miss a deadline.
V-Ray puts you in the driver seat. You’re in control. With V-Ray’s versatile features, you can choose the best ap
Work the way you want – without interruption. V-Ray’s seamless 3ds Max integration keeps your workflow fluid and smooth.roach for your scene.ss time waiting and more time being creative. Deliver your best work and never miss a deadline.
AN INDUSTRY STANDARD
Independent artists and top studios choose V-Ray every day to create world-class designs and visual effects.
What it’s used for:
- Architectural visualization
- Automotive and product design
- Industrial design
- Game cinematics
- Visual effects in film and television
- Virtual reality
- Render quality: Highest quality photorealistic images.
- Adaptive Lights: New algorithm dramatically speeds up rendering on scenes with many lights.
- Speed: Harnesses the power of both CPU and GPU.
- Cross-industry adoption: V-Ray for 3ds Max is used by architectural visualization studios, product designers and visual effects companies around the world to create photoreal imagery and animation
- Ease of use: V-Ray runs straight out of the box with just a few clicks.
- Full control: Three modes of GUI geared towards different types of users, from quick and easy set-up to full range of under the hood tweaks.
- Versatile: An all in one solution suitable for many industries.
- Flexibility: A universal renderer. Almost every studio has a V-Ray integrated pipeline.
- Technical support and community: Free technical support and knowledge resources, that goes far beyond installations and set-up. Chaos Group is famous for its quick response times and large community user base.
What pain-point or problem does V-Ray for 3ds Max solve?
Quality renders with a high level of efficiency: V-Ray for 3ds Max provides extraordinary photorealistic renders quickly and easily. With just two sliders users have complete control over the quality or speed of their renders.
Streamlined pipeline across different platforms: Most studios already have a V-Ray integrated pipeline. With the wide range platforms that V-Ray supports, it’s easy to merge assets or exchange projects for material coordination and consistency across platforms. For example, users can share materials or render geometry from V-Ray for Rhino to V-Ray for 3ds Max, or vice-versa. With the V-Ray scene manager it is possible to share a whole scene between V-Ray for 3ds Max or NUKE.
Interface with other V-Ray products
V-Ray for 3ds Max can further enhance the Rhino or SketchUp workflow with the addition of V-Ray for Rhino or SketchUp
Fluid, fire and smoke simulations can be added with Phoenix for 3ds Max
More lighting and shading options can be added during the compositing stage by using V-Ray for NUKE
Professional image sequencing can be added with PdPlayer
V-Ray for 3ds Max supports VRScans which allows for the most physically accurate materials to be used
V-Ray supports numerous tools and provides optimized support for 3rd party plugins including NoZone, HairFarm and many more
With online licensing there is no wait to receive a physical dongle, and licenses can be activated in real-time once an order is processed. Online licensing is fast and secure, and your customers will be able to access their new software much faster – without the back and forth of WBC and RTU files.
Please note that for now online licensing is available only for purchases of new licenses.
Did you know?
V-Ray for 3ds Max allows for distributed rendering making it possible to render on multiple computers working in parallel. This makes rendering faster and more cost efficient. By purchasing a render node (instead of being obliged to purchase an entirely new floating license) the cost of rendering becomes 4x less expensive compared with a major competitor.
- The new Progressive Production Renderer is built on the same path tracing technology as V-Ray RT and it is a simple, intuitive solution for any scene. The Progressive Renderer is compatible with all V-Ray production features, including Irradiance, Light Cache, SSS, Render Elements, etc.
- Quick Settings provide artists with production-ready presets and simple rendering quality controls all within a single compact interface.
- Render Mask uses an object selection, include/ exclude list, or texture map to control the exact pixels to be rendered.
- V-Ray 3.0 introduces faster hair rendering speeds (up to 15x) and view-dependent tessellation that automatically smoothes hair curves.
Ray Traced SSS
- Improved Subsurface Scattering is offered, including options for object-based and ray traced illumination.
Max Ray Intensity
- Max Ray Intensity clamps secondary rays to remove noise generated by very bright sources. This removes artifacts while retaining dynamic range.
- VRmats (formerly Vismats) are universal V-Ray Shaders for use across multiple applications. For example a VRmat material may be created in V-Ray for 3ds Max and transferred directly to V-Ray for Maya.
Please make sure that your system fulfills these requirements before installing V-Ray.
These V-Ray render nodes no longer support Vray 1.5, 2 or V-Ray 3.
|Processor||1st Gen Intel® Core™ or compatible processor with SSE4.2 support (x64)|
|RAM||Minimum 8 GB RAM, recommended 64 GB RAM|
|Operating system||Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 or Windows 10 operating system|
|3ds Max||3ds Max® 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 (64-bit)|
|TCP/IP||Only IPv4 required for distributed rendering is supported. IPv6 is currently not supported.|
NVIDIA CUDA with minimum required compute capability 5.2*: Maxwell-, Pascal-, Volta- and Turing-based NVIDIA card(s) with latest video driver or at least version 442.54;
NVIDIA RTX with compute capability 5.21: RTX cards with latest recommended video driver or version 442.54;
V-Ray Production Denoiser: AMD or NVIDIA GPU supporting OpenCL 1.2;
NVIDIA AI Denoiser: Maxwell, Pascal, Volta or Turing-based NVIDIA card with driver version 441.28
Note: V-Ray 5 requires V-Ray License server 5.5 or later
The requirements above are for the latest version of V-Ray in Max, but please note that Vray 3.0 is available for 2011-2015.