V-Ray 5 for Maya Workstation
V-Ray 5 for Maya is now available for download. Purchase includes one floating user license and one floating render node license. V-Ray 5 for Maya is a complete suite of physically-based lighting, shading and rendering tools tightly integrated into Autodesk Maya.
Perpetual license option.
V-Ray for Maya Overview
V-Ray 5 for Maya is a production-proven ray-traced renderer with a full suite of tools to create professional photoreal 3D imagery, animations, and visual effects. It’s extensible customization options and powerful lighting, look-development, and quick post-processing features save users time, let them go beyond just rendering and help them explore their creative ideas without limits.
WHAT’S NEW IN V-RAY 5 FOR MAYA?
V-Ray 5 for Maya is the most complete 3D rendering software for animation and visual effects. V-Ray 5 for Maya speeds up your rendering process. Composite renders, incorporate Light Path Expressions and interactively relight your scene in the new V-Ray Frame Buffer. Randomize your textures for seamless tiling and get a massive speed boost with the all-new V-Ray Proxy node.
POST-PROCESSING AND EXTRA COMPOSITING WITH V-RAY
With V-Ray 5 you can now use one tool for more than just rendering. There’s no need to go back and forth between different apps. ▪ Light mixing, Layered compositing, Light Path Expressions
OPTIMIZED LIGHTING AND SHADING WORKFLOW
Artists can focus on designs and worry less about creating materials and textures. A new Sun & Sky analytical model dramatically improves lighting at sunrise and sunset.
▪ Material presets, Coat and Sheen layers, New Car paint material, Texture randomization, Stochastic texture tiling, Extended V-Ray Dirt
▪ New Sun and Sky model
▪ Native ACEScg support
V-Ray’s powerful CPU and GPU rendering is built to handle the toughest projects and demands of high-end production.
▪ CPU, GPU or hybrid rendering, Distributed rendering, Resumable rendering, Denoising, Debug shading, Memory tracking, Light mixing, Layered compositing
LIGHTING & ILLUMINATION
V-Ray helps users create the highest quality renders possible. It analyzes а design according to its actual lighting and the true reflections and refractions of its materials. You can choose from a variety of lights.
▪ Adaptive lights, Accurate lights, Global Illumination
CAMERAS AND OPTICAL EFFECTS
V-Ray supports any commonly used camera type options. V-Ray also has additional advanced controls for camera effects.
▪ Lens effects, Point & Shoot camera, Photorealistic cameras, VR
V-Ray supports a versatile selection of materials to achieve different looks — from simulating simple surface properties like plastics and metals to complex uses such as translucent objects, subsurface materials like skin and light-emitting objects or non-photoreal toon shading.
▪ Physically based materials, Unique shaders, AlSurface material, Physical Hair material, Metalness, V-Ray Toon shader, Shading languages, VRscans, Material presets
A wide variety of memory-efficient textures are also available to use with V-Ray materials. V-Ray has all the texturing capabilities required for production rendering.
▪ Memory-efficient textures, Triplanar mapping, Texture randomizations, Texture baking
There are different ways V-Ray can create and modify geometry objects in a scene, including primitives and procedural geometry, proxy objects, particle instancing, volume grids, etc. The new VRayProxy object adds speed to both the workflow and the rendering.
▪ Proxy objects, Layered alembic support, VRayscene assets, Hair & Fur, Rounded corners, Specialty geometry
ATMOSPHERIC & VOLUMETRIC EFFECTS
The atmospheric and environment effects in V-Ray simulate fog, atmospheric haze and participating media for a number of image effects.
▪ Volume rendering, Aerial Perspective, OpenVDB, Field3D, Phoenix FD caches.
With V-Ray, users can choose from nearly 40 unique beauty, utility and matte passes to give them more control over their rendered images in compositing.
▪ Light Path Expressions, Light Select, Render Elements, Cryptomatte